June 30 — The Best Means of Honoring the Sacred Heart.
The Best Means of Honoring the Sacred Heart.
1. There is one very simple way of honoring the Sacred Heart. Our Lord promises to Blessed Margaret Mary that wherever an image of it is exposed and honored, it shall bring with it all kinds of blessings (we’ve posted those images before you all month, on every meditation this month!). At least we can show the Sacred Heart this external mark of our loyalty, and keep before ourselves a picture which will remind us of the loving sympathy of Jesus.
2. Each day, moreover, we should say some ejaculatory prayers in honor of the Sacred Heart, 1 and each Friday should consecrate ourselves to it, communicating at least on the first Friday in every month. Such Communions persevered in for nine continuous months have attached to them the promise of final perseverance for all who offer them in honor of the Sacred Heart.
3. But as the best praise is imitation, we cannot honor the Sacred Heart better than by seeking to imitate its meekness, patience, sympathy. These are such rare gifts. How often have I prayed: Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thy Heart! Yet how little do my thoughts and actions correspond to the prayer that I offer. Henceforth I will determine to be kinder to others in honor of the Sacred Heart that has ever been so kind to me!
* A few instances of such prayers will be found on the preface page. Here they are:
Ejaculations to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
1. O Sacred Heart of Jesus, I implore that I may ever love Thee more and more.
2. Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.
3. Sweet Heart of Jesus, be my love!
4. Heart of Jesus, create in me a clean heart, and renew a right spirit within me.
5. O how good and pleasant it is to dwell in this Heart! Who is there who does not love a heart so wounded? Who can refuse a return of love to a heart so loving?
6. Heart of Jesus, most meek, most humble, most patient! School my heart in meekness, patience, and humility.
7. Heart of Jesus, burning with love for me, inflame my heart with love of Thee.
8. Heart of Jesus, have compassion upon me!
This article, June 30 — The Best Means of Honoring the Sacred Heart. is a post from The Bellarmine Forum.
Do not repost the entire article without written permission. Reasonable excerpts may be reposted so long as it is linked to this page.