The Sacred Heart of Jesus – Short Meditations for June.
A little book of Meditations on the Sacred Heart needs no introduction. The subject is one that appeals to all — to sinners who long for better things, to those who are struggling along the road to heaven, often with faint hearts and weary steps, as well as to those who are closely united to Our Lord in the bonds of mutual love.
The Devotion to the Sacred Heart is one that has been reserved in its fulness for these later days, when the Church has to do battle not so much against open persecution as against indifference and pride and corroding skepticism. Against these there is no remedy like that which Jesus Himself taught us: “Learn of Me, for I am meek and humble of heart.”
^ ^ ^ SCROLL DOWN FOR THE LIST ^ ^ ^
Ejaculations to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
1. O Sacred Heart of Jesus, I implore that I may ever love Thee more and more.
2. Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.
3. Sweet Heart of Jesus, be my love!
4. Heart of Jesus, create in me a clean heart, and renew a right spirit within me.
5. O how good and pleasant it is to dwell in this Heart! Who is there who does not love a heart so wounded? Who can refuse a return of love to a heart so loving?
6. Heart of Jesus, most meek, most humble, most patient! School my heart in meekness, patience, and humility.
7. Heart of Jesus, burning with love for me, inflame my heart with love of Thee.
8. Heart of Jesus, have compassion upon me!
DAILY MEDITATION LIST
CLICK TO READ THE MEDITATION
- June 1 — The Claims of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
- June 2 — The Love of the Sacred Heart for Man.
- June 3 — The Characteristics of the Love of the Sacred Heart.
- June 4 — The Sacred Heart formed in Mary’s Womb.
- June 5 — The First Worshippers.
- June 6 — The Earliest Pulsations of the Sacred Heart.
- June 7 — The Sacred Heart at Bethlehem.
- June 8 — The Sacred Heart at Nazareth.
- June 9 — The Sacred Heart during Our Lord’s Public Life.
- June 10 — The Sacred Heart of Jesus among His Apostles.
- June 11 — The Dignity of the Sacred Heart.
- June 12 — The Sanctity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
- June 13 — The Compassion of the Sacred Heart.
- June 14 — The Chief Desires of the Sacred Heart.
- June 15 — The Excellence of the Sacred Heart.
- June 16 — The Sacred Heart of Jesus among Sinners.
- June 17 — The Sacred Heart of Jesus among Little Children.
- June 18 — The Cravings of the Sacred Heart.
- June 19 — The Gratitude of the Sacred Heart.
- June 20 — The Disappointments of the Sacred Heart.
- June 21 — The Sorrows of the Sacred Heart.
- June 22 — The Sacred Heart of Jesus among His Enemies.
- June 23 — The Sacred Heart at Gethsemane.
- June 24 — The Sacred Heart on Calvary.
- June 25 — The Confidences of the Sacred Heart.
- June 26 — The Sacred Heart after the Resurrection.
- June 27 — The Sacred Heart in Heaven.
- June 28 — The Sacred Heart in the Tabernacle.
- June 29 — The Piercing of the Sacred Heart.
- June 30 — The Best Means of Honoring the Sacred Heart.
« Previous Section
40 — The Return to Jerusalem.Next Section »
June 1 — The Claims of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
This article, The Sacred Heart of Jesus – Short Meditations for June. is a post from The Bellarmine Forum.
Do not repost the entire article without written permission. Reasonable excerpts may be reposted so long as it is linked to this page.