Advent: Short Meditations and The Great Truths
These meditations begin November 27 and run through December 31, a few days past Christmas. They are a combination of advent meditations and traditional points on the Great Truths — from our need for a Savior to points about Our Lord. When provided in the original text, there are points to make a resolution.
These are intentionally short. They are meant to provide good soil for your mind to grow fruitful activity in your pursuit of prayer with Our Lord.
There are also Christmas mediations that begin on Christmas day. This set runs into Christmastide and overlaps the Christmas set.
- Day 1 (Nov 27) – What Advent Is
- Day 2 (Nov 28) The Divine Decree
- Day 3 (Nov 29) – The Announcement of His Coming.
- Day 4 (Nov 30) The Long Darkness.
- Day 5 (Dec 1) Transient Gleams & God Our Lord
- Day 6 (Dec. 2) – The Golden Thread & God Our Creator
- Day 7 (Dec 3) The Causes of Delay & God Our Preserver
- Day 8 (Dec 4) – The Approaching Day & God Our Best Friend
- Day 9 (Dec 5) The Fulfillment of the Decree & God the End of our Life
- Day 10 (Dec 6) The Forerunner of the King & How to Attain Our End
- Day 11 (Dec 7) The Forerunner’s Message & The Models to be imitated
- Day 12 (Dec 8) The Forerunner’s Office & The Means Provided
- Day 13 (Dec 9) Hope & The Dispositions necessary (Advent Meditation)
- Day 14 (Dec 10) Rejoice & The Cause of our Failure (Advent Meditation)
- Day 15 (Dec 11) Rejoice Always & The Eternal Consequences of Sin (Advent Meditation)
- Day 16 (Dec 12) The Second Coming of Christ & The Aggravations of Hell (Advent Meditation)
- Day 17 (Dec 13) The Signs of His Coming & The Eternity of Hell
- Day 18 (Dec. 14) The Uncertainty of His Coming & Venial Sin (Advent Meditation)
- Day 19 (Dec 15) The Preparation for His Approach & The Punishment of Venial Sin (Advent Meditation)
- Day 20 (Dec 16) The Dangers of the Careless Soul & Death (Advent Meditation)
- Day 21 (Dec 17) O Sapientia & The Particular Judgment (Advent Meditation)
- Day 22 (Dec 18) O Adonai & The General Judgment (Advent Meditations)
- Day 23 (Dec 19) O Radix Jesse & The Final Sentence (Advent Meditation)
- Day 24 (Dec 20) O Clavis David & The First Sin (Advent Meditation)
- Day 25 (Dec 21) O Oriens & Man’s First Sin (Advent Meditation)
- Day 26 (Dec 22) O Rex Gentium & The Temporal Consequences of Adam’s Sin (Advent Meditation)
- Day 27 (Dec 23) O Emmanuel & The Sins of Individual Men (Advent Meditation)
- Day 28 (Dec 24) Christmas Eve & The End Attained (Advent Meditation)
This article, Advent: Short Meditations and The Great Truths is a post from The Bellarmine Forum.
Do not repost the entire article without written permission. Reasonable excerpts may be reposted so long as it is linked to this page.